Dr. Longobardi was born and raised in Long Island, New York, was a U.S. Navy hospital corpsman attached to the Marine Corps 1973-1977. He has been practicing in Chula Vista since 1990. In addition worked part-time with the Indian Health Service at Rincon Indian Reservation in Northern San Diego County for over 17 years. He treats various medical and surgical conditions of the Foot and Ankle, and he specializes in Diabetic limb salvage, and wound care.
Dr. Longobardi is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine, and is a Fellow of The American Academy of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine.
He is on the medical staff of Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
• 1978 Bachelor of Science The George Washington University of Medicine, Physician Assistant
• 1989 Podiatric Medical Degree Des Moines Medical University
• 1990 Surgical Residency Cosmetic and Reconstructive Foot Surgery, Villa View Community Hospital, San Diego,
• 2006 MBA University of Phoenix
• Scripps Memorial Hospital Chula Vista
• Sharp Chula Vista Hospital
• American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics
• American Academy of Pain Management
• American Academy of Physicians Assistants
• American Professional Wound Care Association
• Secretary San Diego County Podiatric Medical Society (1994-1998)
• Former President of the San Diego County Podiatric Medical Society (1998-1999)
• Member – Wound Healing Society (WHS)
• THOR Low Level Laser Therapy
Dr. Longobardi regularly attends continuing medical education seminars, and has published several articles regarding Diabetes. He treats various medical and surgical conditions of the Foot and Ankle.
Enjoys sports, jazz, saxophone and he resides in the South Bay Community with his wife and 2 daughters.
Dr. Howie Que
Dr. Howie Que brings a wealth of knowledge, training, and experience to our patients at Absolute Foot Care. Dr. Que is a native of Seattle and completed his undergraduate education at the Johns Hopkins University, where he studied Public Health and played on the Men’s Varsity Tennis Team. He then went on to medical school at the California School of Podiatric Medicine, completing his clinical training at UCSF and doing rotations at Harvard Medical School, Georgetown Medical School, and UCLA medical center.
Dr. Que completed his residency training at the highly selective Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas residency program, where he logged over 1,200 surgeries and 1,800 procedures. His training focused on complex lower extremity reconstruction, limb salvage, sports medicine, and trauma. Dr. Que looks forward to bringing his skill set to Chula Vista and the surrounding areas and treating patients with a variety of medical techniques focused on the lower extremity, from cutting edge regenerative medicine to advanced surgical reconstruction.
In his free time, Dr. Que enjoys spending time with friends and family and living an active lifestyle including working out, free diving, and deep-sea fishing. Every once in awhile he’ll get back out on the tennis court in an attempt to reclaim his glory days!
Chief Resident: SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL ENCINITAS – Encinitas, CA 2019-Present
Heavy management of the residency program including supervision of the junior residents, overseeing various foot and ankle clinics in north San Diego county, and organizing academic and training workshops.
Logged 1275+ cases with 1854+ procedures including:
- 139 Digital Surgeries
- Diversity: 7
- 158 First Ray Surgeries
- Diversity: 20
- 220 Other Soft Tissue Foot Surgeries
- Diversity: 15+
- 213 Other Osseous Foot Surgeries
- Diversity: 15+
- 384 Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgeries
- Diversity: 26
- 79 Biomechanics Cases
- 253 Trauma Surgeries
- 39 Podopediatric Surgeries
Residency: SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL ENCINITAS – Encinitas, CA July 2017-Present
Heavy concentration in trauma, reconstructive, and elective surgery with a focus on foot and ankle.
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: CALIFORNIA SCHOOL OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE – Oakland, CA, 2012-2016
Related work and clubs:
Human Anatomy TA, Surgery Club, Wound Care Club, Sports Medicine Club.
Bachelor of Science in Public Health: JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY – Baltimore, MD, 2004-2008
High School Diploma: MERCER ISLAND HIGH SCHOOL – Mercer Island, WA 2000-2004
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
-California: July 2017-Present
National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part I: Passed 2014
National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part II: Passed 2016
National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part III: Passed 2017
American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Student and Resident Member 2012-Present
American Podiatric Medical Association
Student and Resident Member 2012-Present
American College Sports Medicine
Resident Member 2017-Present
- Has been recruited to play for the Johns Hopkins University men’s tennis team.
- Earned two varsity letters as a member of the Johns Hopkins University men’s tennis team.
- A member of the National Honor Society.
- Recipient of the Mercer Island Rotary Club’s Youth Merit Award.
- Washington State Honors Award recipient.
- President’s Award for Educational Excellence recipient presented by the United States Secretary of Education.
- Granted the Bronze Medal for community service by Mercer Island High School.
- Was recognized as an Academic Achiever by sports anchor Paul Silvi in an episode of the KING 5 High School Sports Blitz that aired March 2004.
- Recipient of the Most Inspirational Award given by the boy’s tennis team after senior season in high school.
WORK HISTORY AND RELATED
- Mercer Island Primary Care, Mercer Island, WA Dec. 2008-Dec. 2009
- Northwest Geriatrics, Mercer Island, WA Dec. 2008-June 2012
Worked in conjunction with Mercer Island Primary Care to perform tasks including extensive shadowing with Dr. John Addison M.D., an internist and geriatrician, both in the clinic and in nursing homes. Also traveled to nursing homes to perform blood work on patients residing in both assisted and independent living facilities.
- Shadowed Dr. Eric Vallieres M.D., the current surgical director of Swedish Cancer Institute’s Lung Cancer Program.
- Boy’s JV Tennis Coach at the Overlake School August 2011-October 2011
- Boy’s C-Team Basketball Coach at the Overlake School December 2011-February 2012
- Girl’s JV Tennis Coach at the Overlake School February 2012-May 2012
- Private Tennis Instructor, Seattle, WA June 2004-June 2012
*References available upon request.